Tuesday, February 12, 2013

24 Weeks

24 weeks
We had our 24 week appointment today, and have now reached a milestone- viability!  Now I know that isn't a thing you usually hope for, but knowing that babies have been delivered from this stage in our pregnancy and forward, it is reassuring to a level.  We are getting further and further into our pregnancy, and we are that much closer to meeting our future son or daughter :)
Everything at the appointment went well, I am measuring right on schedule and the baby had a strong heartbeat of 142 bpm.  I had a minor breakdown about the weight, but our doctor, and most importantly Brandon, assured me that things are completely on schedule.  We are having a very healthy pregnancy and need to just keep plugging away as we have been, and things will continue to go well. 
No additional photos this time, we wont have another ultrasound until the very end of the pregnancy, so for now all we can do is hear our healthy little heartbeat at each appointment and  dream about our little one.

How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: + 12.6lbs.  It is completely irrational and I know that, but to be truthful, I dont know if I'll keep updating this between our doctors appointments.. As long as the baby is healthy, the weight is just a number, so it will remain a bit 'in-flux' until each appointment. Just know we are gaining weight as we should be. 
Maternity clothes? I wear maternity leggings/shirts every day, and broke down over the weekend and bought some real maternity dress pants and capris for work. and they are fabulously comfortable!
Stretch marks? Still none and keeping fingers crossed it stays that way!
Best moment this week: I'm sure it is my imagination, but I swear the baby knows when it is Brandon trying to feel him/her move.  He'll come home from work and I'll be sound asleep and the baby will be still, and after a minute or two with his hands on my stomach, the baby starts kicking. Every.Single.Time.  Looks like we have a favorite parent already ;)
Miss anything: I'm starting to have wierd dreams on a nightly basis.  Odd things that I can't remember the next morning, but I wake up in the middle of the night at least twice from them.
Movement: It is to the point where I can feel movement more times during the day than not.  We still get a few pretty strong kicks every so often, and just last night, Brandon felt the baby flip over from outside.  Such a crazy sensation!  
Food cravings: For whatever reason I can't get enough of the Watermelon or Strawberry Blow Pops.  There's a candy store down the street from my work and I stop there roughly once a week to pick some up.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender: We are still team green!
Labor Signs: Nope, all is staying put and continuing to cook as planned
Belly Button in or out? Still in (technically) but it is becoming flatter and flatter with each passing day.
Wedding rings on or off? On, but they are becoming tighter each week.  Might have to temporarily retire them and buy a simple band for the remainder of the pregnancy..
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Still waiting for those hiccups!

No comments:

Post a Comment