Tuesday, May 7, 2013

36 weeks

We are to the point in the pregnancy where I am nearly full term, and I'm so relieved.  Things have gone great so far, but I'm becoming more and more uncomfortable as the days go by.  We still have some important growing/maturing to do in there though, so as long as I'm not overdue, I'm happy to still be pregnant. 
Copper has been very attentive to me throughout the pregnancy (it was a trigger early on that I was pregnant), and the closer we get to the finish line, he is even more so. He follows me everywhere, sits by my feet when we are watching tv, and now that B is working the overnight shift, Copper sleeps in the thresh-hold of our bedroom door- just in case.  We've done some reading on how to introduce a dog to a newborn, but we know he will be a great big brother!
We will visit our doctor on a weekly basis from now until Baby A makes his/her appearance and it is so crazy!  I remember at the beginning when we saw her once a month and we had 30+ weeks left.. now we are at once a month visits and only have 4 weeks to go!  It has flown by (at times) but we are so ready for this next step :)
Our 36 week appointment went great today, baby A has a nice strong heartbeat (fluctuated between 140-150), I'm measuring right on track and from other measurements/tests of some unmentionables, I am not at risk for any pre-term labor.  Things are progressing great and it was music to my ears :)

Sorry for the poor photo quality.. B is at a training a few hours away so I had to do the pregnant lady shuffle 'set the camera timer and run' to get the photo and then crop it from there.  You get the idea of the baby's size from the amount of shirt my belly is slowly eating..

How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +32.8lbs I finally tipped the scale into the weight I thought I would, but surprisingly enough, I didn't cry.  Its all baby weight and I've tried to stay healthy throughout the pregnancy, so whatever my body gains i guess I need it.
Maternity clothes? Absolutely.  it is FINALLY nice enough to transition into dresses and skirts and I'm so excited!  I've out swollen grown every pair of shoes I own (aside from my slippers), and have been regulated to being barefoot at home and wearing flip flops at the office.  Not the most professional, but its better than not wearing shoes at all (which is my absolute preference!)
Stretch marks? Still none and keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!
Best moment this week: We took our birthing class at the dr's office, and while the class didnt really teach us anything we didn't already know, it was good to see/meet other pregnant ladies and know we aren't alone in what we are going through.  We also got a good hospital tour, and that helped ease a few of my nerves on certain things.
Miss anything: having normal looking/feeling hands and feet.  When I wake up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, my feet always have that 'pins & needles' feeling, and when i first wake up in the morning, my knuckles get temporarily stuck in a fist position.
Movement:  When watching my stomach from the outside, the movement is very apparent!  The hiccups are now visible from the outside as well. 
Food cravings: I'm not really "craving" anything at the moment. I'm not a picky eater though, so I guess I could say FOOD in general is a craving.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender: We are still team green!
Labor Signs: Dr. D checked and all is cooking as planned, and as of right now, I'm not at risk for any pre-term labor.  The baby has been head down for the past few weeks so keep your fingers crossed that he/she doesn't flip on us!
Belly Button in or out? Still ridiculously flat
Wedding rings on or off? I've had to remove the 'stand-in' one i purchased, even that one is too small now :(
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Meeting him or her!
A few funny moments this week:
 I'm to the point where I'm undeniably pregnant and people are starting to take notice.  I was at Lowe's looking at some shelving units and a worker stopped by and asked if i was doing ok/if i needed anything.  I said no thank you, and he told me "Ok, well when you find out what you need, you let me know.  I dont want you to try and lift anything and have that baby here in the middle of the aisle". When i got home and told B the story, he jokingly said "what would they say if that happened? 'Clean up in Aisle 4'?"  lol, thanks for the support honey.
At another trip to Lowe's, I was again standing in the shelving section and absent mindedly rubbing my stomach while trying to make a decision of what to buy.  A man walks down the aisle towards me and asks with a smile on his face "how are the two of you doing today?"  :) Loved it!
I took Copper on a walk to get me some much needed exercise to work off some of his pent up energy and and we stopped at the playground of the elementary school near our house.  I was throwing the ball with the Chuck-It and these little girls came up and asked to pet/play with Copper.  One reached out and gently rubbed my belly and told me "you look pregnant like my auntie.  But she's alot bigger.."  Made my day, but I"m sure her auntie would've been bummed to hear it!
When doing shopping of any sort (Target, Sam's Club, groceries, etc.) the workers dont even ask if i need help out, they just make the call to send someone with me to help me load my purchases into the car.  So considerate :)
 In other awesome news, I had signed up on the Similac and Enfamil sites a while ago, figuring I might get some coupons or a sample bottle or two, but these babies arrived in the mail in the past week and I was shocked! 4 full size cans of formula, 4 "to go" bottle packs, a bottle and $40 in coupons!! Woohoo I love me a good freebie!

 
 
#Lyndsey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment