Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Oh the Joys..

Before having kids, the idea of being covered in another person's puke, sweat, drool, or any other bodily fluid was definitely not something I looked forward to.
 
Fast forward 6 1/2 months and my outlook has completely changed.  Now, not that I look forward to being spit up on, but I find it less repulsive now that I'm a mommy.  There are countless times that we've been spit up on, had a blowout on, or had her fallen asleep and have her wake up to discover a huge pool of drool and sweat on my shirt.
 
As gross as many of our prior experiences have been, I've had two experiences in the past 24 hours that rank up in the top.
 
Since starting on people food, E has had a few minor bouts with diaper rash (if you could call it that. its actually more of an inflammation/redness, but I digress) and we are actively looking for ways to treat/beat it in a quick manner.  I have heard that leaving her bear butt to the air helps, so we were trying this last night.  She was on a blanket so if she had any accidents, it would help catch some of it so we didn't have a disaster on the floor.  Surprisingly enough, she did great for the 45 minutes before bedtime, and when it came time to put her to bed, I thought we had made it successfully.  Little did I know what she had in store.
 
I picked her up and carried her on my hip to her room to get her jammies on, and right as we make it to the changing table I felt it.  Hot wetness slowly spreading across my stomach and down onto my pants.  My gut reaction was to pull her away from me, but I knew that if I did that, pee would spray all over her room, so I just held her until she finished. Once she did, I sat her on the changing table and promptly told her "that was gross! you just peed on mommy" and she looked right back at me and smiled!  I swear she knows what she is doing, and has such a mischievous spirit already! 

Don't mind my finger print covered mirror.. Emerson likes to "play" with her reflection.
  The second interaction came this morning as I was getting ready to head to work.  I had gotten both of us ready and was preparing to load her into the car seat when I heard/felt her spit up.  I heard it hit the ground (so I thought) and looked down on the tile floor expecting to see a puddle of yuck.  Surprisingly, I didn't.  I looked around and sure enough, there was a puddle, but not on the floor.  She had spit up a full ounce of formula into one of my shoes. That I had planned to wear that day.  Needless to say, I had a change of outfits, and my shoe is now sitting on the kitchen counter air drying.

 
 
Happy Tuesday!
 
#Lyndsey



1 comment:

  1. Yea this is totally gross. I hope when I'm a mom I get used to it too. :)

    ReplyDelete