Tuesday, December 18, 2012

16 Weeks

These photos were taken at our 16week
ultrasound (12-18-12).  You are looking at the baby
as if he/she is laying on their back and
you are viewing their profile from the right side.
16 Weeks
  



Where on earth to start?  Today was such an amazing day that it warrants more than our typical 'weekly bump' photo and questions.  We had our 16 week ultrasound appointment today, and it was by far the most thrilling thing we've experienced in a long time.  The last time we saw our baby bear it was 7 weeks and resembled a blob. One that we loved dearly, but a blob none the less.  We've been reading many books that outline the progressive development of our bear, and we thought we had a good idea of how things were going, but to see it in real life.. there really are no words.
 
From the minute she put the probe on my stomach, we saw our little one moving around; making sucking motions, opening/closing its mouth, sucking its thumb, practicing breathing and moving slightly from side to side.  We saw a complete little skeleton, a beautiful little profile, the hemispheres of the brain, organs, fingers and toes, and most importantly, a fabulously strong beating heart (160bpm).  Yes, we can see the exterior changes from week to week, but actually seeing a living, breathing human being growing inside me was something truly awe inspring. People are always saying how blessed they are around the holidays, but after seeing our little bear growing like s/he should be, and hearing the heartbeat, there's really no other gift that I'd want in this whole world. We are so blessed with this little miracle, and can't wait to meet him or her. 
 
  
How far along? 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I'm officially back to my 'pre-baby' weight after losing some in the first trimester. According to the nurse, I've actually gained .2 lbs (which she told me with a smile). Every little bit helps I guess, even when my weight is concerned.
Maternity clothes? I've graduated to wearing more 'maternity' shirts than non, but I still wear the belly band every day.
Stretch marks? Nope, crossing my fingers that it stays that way!
Best moment this week: Seeing our amazing little blessing moving around and responding to the ultrasound.  
Miss anything: not so far
Movement: Still nothing definitive yet, but after seeing how active it was on the ultrasound, I would imagine I'll start to feel it anyday now.
Food cravings: Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Can't get enough.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, luckily.
Have you started to show yet: Yes. My stomache is starting to get a little harder, and the overall shape is beginning to round out.
Gender: The Dr. took a look today and said she has a good idea, but we didnt want to find out.. (well, I don't, but Brandon would like to, so we are still debating on that one) ;)
Labor Signs: Nope, all is staying put and continuing to cook as planned
Belly Button in or out? Totally normal (in-betweenie)
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Deliriously happy.
Looking forward to: Feeling some of the movement that we saw on our scan.
 
 
 

1 comment: