Tuesday, December 4, 2012

And so it begins.. :)

How we announced the news to our friends :)

Much to the anticipation of family members, not only are we adding to the 'grand-kids troup', we are also jumping on the blogging bandwagon.  Early, we know, but since many of you live far away, this is the best way to keep everyone up to speed with happenings in our still developing Little One's world. :) 

As previously mentioned to most of you, the little one is anticipated to arrive on June 4, 2013.  So as of today, I am 14 weeks.  The baby is now the size of a lemon ( approx. 3 inches long) which is pretty crazy to think about.  Truthfully though, it makes sense on some level, the fact that I haven't been able to button my pants properly for about a month now continually reminds me of the fact that things are growing as they should be.

The pregnancy has been great so far. No morning sickness to speak of, cravings have been fairly minimal, food aversions are another story, and dont even get me started on my skin.  It looks like I've gone through puberty all over again. I always hear that women get that 'pregnancy glow' but I feel like the only glow I have right now is the beautifully greasy hair and skin that looks like I'm constantly working out. (which, lets be honest, isn't happening).   On the plus side, I've only fallen asleep at my desk once during the workday; overall a success in my book.

We heard the heartbeat at our 12 week appointment, and it was a strong 153 beats/minute.  I know according to the old wives' tale, that indicates a pink, so we will see what happens.  The baby was very active as well, kept moving around when our Dr. would try to push to find the heartbeat, very cool to hear.  Our doctor is great so far, very honest and open, and a crier like me, so I'm sure future appointments will be interesting to say the least. 

I've only had one irrational crying moment so far (I'm sure Brandon would be quick to say otherwise), and it was a doosey. I had purchased all spice to make a cheesecake for a party and could not find it for the life of me. I tried to find substitutes in my pantry that I could use, but of course, I was missing a key ingredient.  A flood of irrational tears, and a quick trip to the store by the husband, and all was saved.  He even got me flowers to boot.  So lucky he puts up with me, and helps save the day.

We take weekly 'bump' photos on Tuesdays, so check back soon and we will have an update.  I also found a fun questionare to take to show how things progress from week to week, so that will be included too.

Thanks for following, and we look forward to the next 6 months!
-Lyndsey




 







No comments:

Post a Comment