Tuesday, April 9, 2013

32 weeks

If you look closely, you can see my belly is starting to eat its' way out the bottom of my shirt.  Just dont look to closely (I dont have that "pregnant lady glow" everyone talks about =/)
 Disappointingly enough, our fruit/veggie size stayed the same this week, however the measurements went up.  I know that the closer we get to the end, we wont have a ton of change from here to the end, just gradually bigger and longer.  It makes my life easier when the fruit doesn't change though, one less thing to try and figure out how the heck to draw with chalk.
 
How far along? 32 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +22 lbs. we have an appointment tomorrow morning so i can update this then, but i know I'm up at least 25lbs. probably closer to the 30lb mark which might give me heart attack..
Maternity clothes? If I even attempt to wear anything non-maternity, my belly hangs out the bottom! B has lovingly told me (more than once) that my stomach is trying to eat my shirt.
Stretch marks? Still none and keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!
Best moment this week: We are nearing the home stretch of our home rennovation projects! The nursery is nearly complete, we just need to get the rest of the furniture in there. (changing table, glider/rocker, etc.)
Miss anything: Being able to wear my wedding ring. B put so much thought and effort into custom designing it for me and I LOVE it, so its such a bummer that it doesn't fit right now :(
Movement: All.Day.Long. I'd much rather have a super active baby than one who doesn't like to move- it helps reassure me on a daily basis. At night though, it would be great if we could have some peace and quiet.. I shouldn't complain really, I still get a solid 8+ hours of sleep a night, so a little movement occasionally isn't a big deal at all!
Food cravings: I can't think of anything for this week.. hotdogs dont sound good anymore, pancakes are back to a regular breakfast item, Mac-n-cheese is eaten once in a great while. I could possibly say cereal is one?  I have that for an evening snack quite frequently now days.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: most definitely.
Gender: We are still team green!
Labor Signs: Nope, all is staying put and continuing to cook as planned. I've had a few Braxton Hicks contractions that are slightly painful, but for the most part, we are holding strong. An unfortunate side effect of these- I dont have to pee at all, but when a BH hits, its a mad dash to the bathroom. Anyone in-between me and the bathroom is at their own risk, and I've been sure to tell my co-workers exactly that.
Belly Button in or out? I think we have reached a stale-mate with this progress at the moment. It is dangerously close to being flat, but i guess there was additional skin that could be stretched right now, so its not popped out just yet.
Wedding rings on or off? Off. Sadly, they have been temporarily moved to the safe. My fingers are so swollen that even my 'stand in' rings dont fit!  I purchased a stand in this weekend, and to give context of how much water weight i have- my wedding ring is a 5 1/4, and the stand-in is a 7. that still leaves a dent in my swollen finger..
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Our appointment tomorrow. we will get to hear the heartbeat (like normal) but we will get to see him/her as well.  It will probably be the last time until the baby arrives, so it is exciting!

One non-enjoyable feature i've begun to expeirnece is water retention.  Now, not only do my rings not fit, and my nylon sockies leave marks on my fat pregnant lady feet, but I've somehow drifted into the realm of having a minor cankle.  Not both, of course, just one.  My right one. It looks like i have a minorly sprained ankle, but only on the inside.  How or why this happened, I have no idea, but apparently pregnancy thinks its funny to make me more closely resemble Mama June's legs than my formerly somewhat shapely legs and skinny calves/ankles of pre-pregnancy. 

Another feature i've become very regular with is that my leg gives out if the baby moves/kicks just right.  I'm sure he/she is just hitting my sciatic nerve and deadens it for a second, but if i have all my weight on the side the baby kicks, lets just hope I'm near something so i dont fall down entirely.  I'm sure it is quite comical to watch, I'm really just waiting for the time that I'm not near anything/one and actually fall down.

In other news this week:

A few photos of our FABULOUS diaper bag!  Like i mentioned before, it was a huge step outside my comfort zone to purchase it, but the reviews and all that I read made it seem worth it.  After it arrived and I was able to examine it, I am so thrilled with it.  The grey/black color scheme is very neutral and can go for a boy or a girl, and the yellow flower detail gives it a little bit of a girly/stylish touch without being over the top.  




One facet that made me love the bag was the fact that it has a built in changing pad! I know most places are now equipped with changing tables/pads in the restrooms, but i love the idea that we always have one at our disposal- just in case!  It can be removed and tossed in the wash as well so thats a big plus.


We are in the midst of a ridiculous snow storm, and as a result we had a snow day today from work. it was great to get to sleep in and spend a day at home with B. Given that i had to go nowhere, I didnt put make-up on all day nor did i shower. Its been great :)


This is the current view from our front porch. This railing usually comes up to my mid-section, and without stepping outside, I'd safely say that this drift is easily up to my mid thighs.


The footprints you see are from a sweet neighbor boy who stopped by to see if we wanted help with our sidewalks
 

Small items like the ones to the left have already begun to invade our house.  After Gma Dobbs' trip down to see my sister and our nephews, she came back equipped with many more baby items that they no longer use/need.  These toys were amongst them!  After a quick bleach bath, they are ready to be played with, and go with a nautical themed play mat that is currently air drying on top of the dryer.  Once it is dry, we will put it together and it will wait for Baby A's arrival :)




All put together and waiting for Baby A's arrival! Thanks Fischer family/cousins for gifting it to us!












I won tickets off the radio to go see comedian Lisa Lampanelli at our local Civic Center.  She's not someone we would typically seek out/spend money to see, but given that they were free, we thought "why not?".  Her opening act was quite funny, but Lisa herself wasn't the best.  She had some funny things, but she swore literally every other word, so that completely drug down the show as a whole.  Like i said, a few funny moments, but given that we didnt pay for the tickets, we were only out the money we spent on dinner and the few hours of the evening.







#Lyndsey

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment