Tuesday, April 2, 2013

31 weeks

At 31 weeks we are working our way towards the home stretch, and while pregnancy has been fantastic so far, I must say I'm a little relieved.  When I'm able to be at home and in sweats/comfy clothes, I dont mind my size so much, but working in a law firm, our dress code is slightly tighter than many other places, and as such, I'm not the most comfortable at work.  Knowing we have at most 11 weeks left (this is including if I go 2 weeks past my due date- which is the longest that Dr. D will let me go) is crazy.  Realistically though, we have approximately two months left in this portion of the journey, and then our lives will change forever!  We are so excited to become parents, and even though the baby needs to stay in for another few weeks (at least!), we are so looking forward to meeting him or her and can't wait for the actual birthday!
In other exciting news, I ordered the diaper bag this weekend!  It was waaay more than I usually spend on household bills a bag, but from the reviews I've read, and the research I've done, it seems worth it in the long run.  Plus, I bought it off Amazon so if i have to return it, the process will be a *smidge* smoother. I'll be sure to get some photos of it on here when it arrives.
Also, each holiday that we pass is exciting because we know they will be the last ones we celebrate just the two three of us.  Yes, we are that crazy couple who buy Christmas gifts and have birthday parties for their dog, but to know that each holiday from here on out we will have a little one to experience them with is so much fun. We've already brainstormed how to have an Easter Egg hunt at our house next year. LOVE it.

I cheated for the drawing of the vegetable this week, because lets be real, who can draw a head of lettuce with chalk?
 
How far along? 31 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +22 lbs
Maternity clothes? If I even attempt to wear anything non-maternity, my belly hangs out the bottom!  B has lovingly told me (more than once) that my stomach is trying to eat my shirt.
Stretch marks? Still none and keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!
Best moment this week: We are nearing the home stretch of our home rennovation projects!  The nursery is nearly complete, we just need to get the rest of the furniture in there. (changing table, glider/rocker, etc.)
Miss anything: Being able to wear my wedding ring. B put so much thought and effort into custom designing it for me and I LOVE it, so its such a bummer that it doesn't fit right now :(
Movement: All.Day.Long.  I'd much rather have a super active baby than one who doesn't like to move- it helps reassure me on a daily basis.  At night though, it would be great if we could have some peace and quiet..  I shouldn't complain really, I still get a solid 8+ hours of sleep a night, so a little movement occasionally isn't a big deal at all!
Food cravings: I gave into Sonic twice last week..  For some reason, a hot dog sounds so good! Terrible for me, but I eat healthy otherwise so I think we'll be ok ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: most definitely.
Gender: We are still team green!
Labor Signs: Nope, all is staying put and continuing to cook as planned. I've had a few Braxton Hicks contractions that are slightly painful, but for the most part, we are holding strong. An unfortunate side effect of these- I dont have to pee at all, but when a BH hits, its a mad dash to the bathroom.  Anyone in-between me and the bathroom is at their own risk, and I've been sure to tell my co-workers exactly that.
Belly Button in or out? I think we have reached a stale-mate with this progress at the moment.  It is dangerously close to being flat, but i guess there was additional skin that could be stretched right now, so its not popped out just yet.
Wedding rings on or off? Off. Sadly, they have been temporarily moved to the safe. My fingers are so swollen that even my 'stand in' rings dont fit!  I'll have to go shopping shortly to find another one, I hate not wearing one at all.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: our 32 week appointment next week.  Both Grandmas are going to come with us (they've delicately asked in the past) so they can be a part of the expeirence too.  We are to the point in the pregnancy where the baby is getting so big that any ultrasound past this point would be a little difficult to make out clearly.  Hopefully we can get some good photos and our Little One is more cooperative than in times past.  They will get to hear the heartbeat first hand as well, and that is always an awesome experience!
 
Here is are updated photos of us on Easter Sunday- we are 30w5d in this photo.  I am in love with nearly every maxi dress that I see/try on, so if you have some you'd  like to donate to me for a few weeks, I would not be heartbroken!

 
 
In other, non cute, news- like many of you, when I wear flats, I wear the small nylon sockies so the shoes don't get all funked up during the day.  Well, the pregnancy fat feet water weight retention has settled in like a cloud, and when I remove the little sockies at the end of the day, this is what I'm greeted with.  I feel like i give new meaning to the term 'sausage toes'. Yuck.

Don't judge me for the lack of nail polish/state of my feet. I'm lucky I can still bend enough to trim them myself. A pedicure is in the cards for me this weekend and I'm soooo looking forward to it!
 
#Lyndsey

No comments:

Post a Comment