Tuesday, April 16, 2013

33 weeks


 
How far along? 33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +26 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Of course.  Even some of these i've grown out of, so hopefully the weather turns nice sometime soon, or the only items of clothing that i'll be able to wear consistently are sweat pants and a bath robe.
Stretch marks? Still none and keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!
Best moment this week: The changing table is now in the nursery!  I found a great one on Craigslist that needed some love and Gpa Dobbs volunteered to tackle the project.  It turned out great!
Miss anything: being able to roll over in bed.  Yes i can technically do this still, but it is a 3 step process and many grunts are involved.  Real cute.
Movement: All.Day.Long. and I LOVE it! 
Food cravings: I'm not really "craving" anything at the moment.  I'm not a picky eater though, so I guess I could say FOOD in general is a craving.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet:  So much so that when i was at Menards this weekend purchasing paint, the lady at the checkout asked how far along I was.  I was wearing a tank top, zip up hoodie and a jacket, and i still looked pregnant! woohoo :)
Gender: We are still team green!
Labor Signs: Nothing that I'm aware of.
Belly Button in or out? Still ridiculously flat.  (see how it looks in the heartbeat video? ridiculous)
Wedding rings on or off? They are safely stowed away in the safe for the time being, and I may have to go back and purchase another larger stand-in than the one I'm currently wearing.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Him/her being here!  The larger the baby gets, the more real this all becomes.  To know that there is a little human growing in my belly, and that he/she is something that we created is so awesome.  We can't wait to meet him/her and shower all the love and attention that we can.
 
A few other happenings this week: We've finally dug our way out from the snow-pocalypse (this isn't an exaggeration at all- we got 25". it was the snowiest day in the state's history!) last week, only to hear that we are suppose to get  8-12" of snow again today and tomorrow!  we had a great time on both our snow days, but the amount of playing in the snow shoveling we had was ridiculous.  I guess we will see what happens.
 



 
 One of B's co-workers got married in Vegas and had their reception over the weekend, and it was fun for us to get out of the house.  What wasn't so fun however- me trying on every dress i can fit into (which is roughly 6) and not liking any of them.  Turns out the baby bump looks different in a tighter outfit (ie: a dress) than it does in my normal work attire.
 
  
The baby quilt is finished!  I put a lot of work into cutting/sewing this all together, and Gma Dobbs recently purchased a quilting machine so she was kind enough to quilt it for us.  She picked the heart pattern and it is a great fit!  I'm thrilled with the way it turned out!  I made sure to pick fabric that could go either boy or girl, and once the baby is born, I'll head back to the store to purchase some matching material to make curtains (or have gma  help me make them!)

 
Baby A received a package in the mail from Great Gma Scherer which only means one thing- knitting!!!!  If you know or have met her, she is a master knitter, and we have many blankets, hats and scarves to prove it.  She was so amazing and made a cardigan and matching hat, baby blanket and stuffed bear for our little one.  We are so appreciative and can't wait to use these items!

 
This baby is incredibly loved, getting gifts from all sides!  Gma Akley has been diligently working on multiple blankets for our little one and I love them all!  Minki fabric even :)  These are still a work in progress, but you better believe photos of those babies will end up on here once they are finished.  To be honest, they are so soft, I may end up keeping one for myself..
 
 In fairly exciting news:  I finally remembered to record the heartbeat! At each of our appointments, the heartbeat has been very strong, 140's and higher (even up to 160 one time!) and we love listening to it each time we go in.  Hope you enjoy the sound- we sure do :)  It was 145bpm this time, and jumped to 150 after i turned the camera off.
 
 
**Please forgive that both videos are my bare stomach. I know this is a horribly tacky look for a pregnant lady and I apologize! They have to put the probe directly on your skin to get the best audible heartbeat, and when I tried to get movement on camera with my shirt down, the pattern looked like it was filmed in 3D. **
 
Additional news- I finally caught some visible movement on camera!  This baby has been incredibly stubborn so far (shocker, right?) and I swear he/she can sense when the camera is on.  As the available space in my belly is rapidly becoming prime real-estate, the movement is much more noticable from the outside.  For whatever reason, the baby's head has remained under my left ribs and the feet are pointed towards my right hip.  If you watch the video, you can see his/her head popping up every so often just below my left ribs.  Trying to make its' way out?  Yes, I think so!
 
 
 Yeesh, after finishing this post, I realized it is a TON of content!  Sorry for the photo/info/video dump, but as we are nearing the end of our journey, a lot is going on and I figure it is better to overshare rather than leave things out.
Thanks if you read all the way to the end :)
 
#Lyndsey
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment