Tuesday, February 26, 2013

26 weeks

26 weeks
According to my pregancy app, the baby is still technically the size of an eggplant.  I know the sizes are always a general gage to help give context to the baby's size, but on the weeks where the fruit remains the same for two weeks, I always feel slightly jipped. I mean, I can visibly see that I'm larger on the outside, which means the baby has continued to grow in siz, but I suppose since the size changes so rapidly in these coming weeks, it is hard to put a size to them (generally speaking). I looked on other preganancy tracker boards though, and the fruit size chart there says that the baby is the size of a head of lettuce (length wise). It is hard to think that something that large is growing in there, but then I look a photos like the one above, and it helps me gain some perspective!

Also- on an amazingly awesome note- we are now in the double digit days until Baby Akley makes his/her appearance! 98 days to go!! :)
 
How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: we were up 12.6lbs at our last appointment, and will update this when we go in March for our 28 week appointment.  At this point though, I'd guess I'm up at least 15lbs.
Maternity clothes? most definitely! This past week in quilting class, mom helped me make a maternity dress that I LOVE! (well, she told me all the steps and I did them, so I really helped her..)
Stretch marks? Still none and keeping fingers crossed it stays that way!
Best moment this week: While watching tv last night, the baby was rolling all over the place!  I keep trying to catch it on video and have some limited shots of it, but the movement is very visible from the outside now.
Miss anything: You wouldn't really think of it as something to miss(until you're can't do it), but I'm starting to miss being able to bend in half. My lower back is starting to hurt more as the baby gets bigger, and not being able to fully round out my back has been a bummer lately. Cat pose in yoga class has become my new best friend.
Movement: We are able to feel movement fairly consistently now, and I've felt a few kicks far off to my left side, so its great to know the baby is getting bigger and taking up more space in there.
Food cravings: For whatever reason I can't get enough of the Watermelon or Strawberry Blow Pops. There's a candy store down the street from my work and I stop there roughly once a week to pick some up.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: yes!
Gender: We are still team green!
Labor Signs: Nope, all is staying put and continuing to cook as planned. The Braxton Hicks are still part of our daily life, but nothing is painful, so I just think of them as growing pains/good practice.
Belly Button in or out? Still in (technically) but it is becoming flatter and flatter with each passing day.
Wedding rings on or off? Sadly they have been temporarily moved to the safe. I will get a chain so I can wear them around my neck, but for the time being, I'm wearing a stand in.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Meeting him/her! We know there is still a fair amount of time left in the pregnancy, but we are so excited to have him or her be a part of our daily lives on the outside!
 
#Lyndsey


2 comments:

  1. A few things: I'm so (selfishly) sad about the rings. But I guess it was inevitable. But still - I think of you talking with your gesturing (haha gestation) and me being distracted by the bling.

    Also, what is team green?

    Third - funny thing about Braxton Hicks. Someone posted something about Braxton Hicks and her little boy and I was like - well that's a weird name... And I was telling all the ladies at school about it in the English office - how one of my friends is naming her son "Braxton Hicks" and they all stared at me. It was kind of embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you're too funny.
    1) yes I was bummed about having to retire my rings too, but I'd be heartbroken if i left them on for too long and had to have them cut off :(
    2) Team green is just our way of saying we dont know the gender yet. People are usually team blue, pink or green.
    3) this made me laugh out loud so hard. love it. and no, thats not what we're planning to name the baby (if it is a boy ;) )

    ReplyDelete