In in light of the fact that we aren't finding out the gender, we frequently struggle with what to call our baby bear. Most people believe the baby is a boy, and while I often find myself referencing the baby as he/him/his, I don't want to sell the baby short- just in case it is a girl- i don't want her to have been slighted while in-utero.
Long story short, Grandpa and Grandma Dobbs always come up with a name for the baby, boy or girl, so it can be referenced in conversation and Grandma and Grandpa Akley aren't too pleased that I constantly refer to the baby as "it", so both have come up with a name.
My parents have started to call the baby "Woabba"- it is from a local family band that they like. And gma and gpa Akley have started to call it "Lee"- Brandon and his little brother's middle name.
Well, during dinner at the in-laws last week, I let them know the name that my parents have chosen and gpa Akley got quiet for a minute and a slow smile began to spread across his face. When I asked what he was smiling about, he said that if you combine the two names, you get a really good one.
That's right folks.. Our baby now goes by the name "WobbaLee".
No comments:
Post a Comment