Tuesday, August 13, 2013

10 week update

 Emerson had her 2 month appointment last week (a little late =/) and she is doing great!  She weighs 10.6lbs (up nearly 4lbs from birth) and is 22 1/4" long (up 4 inches from birth).  She is in the 30 something percentile for both, but her head measures in the 70th percentile.. She's got a big brain in that little head of hers!
She smiles constantly, and even gave us a grin prior to her shots.  Everyone tried to prepare us for how that would go, but seeing the look of surprise on her face when they injected her little thighs, and the subsequent crying by both mommy and baby Eme.. heartbreaking.  Luckily though, she was a champ and only cried for a few minutes.  Mommy on the other hand.. a little more than a few minutes.
Her sleeping patterns have started to be more firmly established (which we are SO grateful for!).  She goes to sleep between 7:45-8pm and sleeps until 11:45 or 12ish, is up for a little while to eat and then back to sleep until 3 or 3:30 to eat again and then is up for the day with us around 5:30 or 6.  We obviously fluctuate from day to day, but I'm grateful that things are becoming a bit more routine.  The growth spurts were pretty brutal for us.
 
 Due to her champion eating skills, she grew out of our first sling, and we've graduated to the Moby wrap.  At first, i was highly skeptical of the crazy wrap style and wondered if it would really hold her securely, but i couldn't have been more wrong!  Sure it takes a minute to wrap around me all crazy like, but once Emerson is in it, she comfortably settles in and is usually asleep within a few minutes.  I love having her so close to me, i can always kiss her little head and she seems to love the security it provides.  Many walks have been taken in the past week with her safely in the wrap. I'm a Moby Wrap convert- thanks Stephanie!!
 
Grandma came for a quick visit! (and to drop off a few new outfits! ) 
 
We recently purchased new leather couches (YAY!) and the one sectional has a middle storage compartment.  Emerson tested it out, and it is the perfect size  for her to sit in.
 
She gets chubbier by the day and we LOVE it!  A healthy eater for sure. 
 
To continue a tradition thats been going on since we were dating, B and I went to the Sturgis Rally this year.  Date night, sans Emerson. Thanks gma!  
 
She was none to pleased yesterday morning that i woke her up to eat before dropping her off at gma's. sorry girlfriend! 
 
One of my favorite photos so far of my two favorite people.  Emerson loves her daddy so much, and seeing him care for her melts my heart everytime.  I'm so blessed to be where i am in my life, and I couldn't imagine going through this journey with a better partner.
 
 
#Lyndsey 
 

4 comments:

  1. That last picture is absolutely adorable! My husband and I just found out that we are having a little girl too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are both pretty special to me :) Congratulations!! when are you due?

      Delete
  2. I am due January 12! Sorry for some reason my reply never went through a few days ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, technology can be maddening sometimes! Congrats again! little girls are so fun :)

      Delete