Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Math isn't my strong suit..

I should've known that Emerson was a girl, just based on when i went into labor.  Her due date was June 4, which would make it nice and easy each month to tell others how old she was.  While i was pregnant, one thing that drove me crazy was that a full term pregnancy is actually more than 9 months. closer to 10 actually.  any woman who has been pregant knows the infuriating dance you have to do when telling people how far along you are.  When you are 12 weeks along, you aren't actually 3 months because not every month has 4 weeks.  When you are 40 weeks (full term) you are actually 9.2 months pregnant. MADDENING! (to me at least)

This same infuriating trend has now carried over into Emerson's life.  Rather than she be born on her due date (or any date that every month has!) she had to be difficult and be born on the 31st. Now, had she been born on her due date, i could've told people with certainty that she was XX months old on the same day each month. But noooo, that would be too easy.  Only 7 months of the year have 31 days, and Feb. only has 28 days (normally), so i have to count how old she is in weeks, not months, and people give me wierd looks everytime.  Yes, i know it is odd, but i dont have a choice!

my mom kindly pointed this out to me this past monthly update.  She is currently 12 weeks and 4 days old, or 2 months and 28 days.  Technically she isn't three months yet, so i jumped the gun.  But really, how much more fun is a blog post titled '3 months!!' rather than '12 weeks!!'

This face captures how i feel about the whole situation.

I digress..

here is our sweet girl at her appropriate age- 12w4d, a few days shy of 3 months :)
she is clearly exhausted by the thought process too. 

 
#Lyndsey 

2 comments:

  1. Girl I feel your pain. There has to be an app for that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha I'm sure there is, I just need to find it! until then I'll just have to count her age in weeks =/

      Delete