Tuesday, March 5, 2013

27 Weeks- 3rd Trimester!!

27 weeks
As the photo says, we have reached a big milestone- 3rd trimester!  It is so crazy that we are already this far into the pregnancy; it feels like not too long ago we were just sharing the awesome news with family and friends.  Things have been great so far though, and we are keeping our fingers crossed it stays that way!  So many things to do now though.. finish up the nursery, baby showers, packing our bags, etc.  Luckily we still have around 3 months, but still! Gotta get on it.

How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: we were up 12.6lbs at our last appointment, and will update this when we go in March for our 28 week appointment. At this point though, I'd guess I'm up at least 15lbs.
Maternity clothes? most definitely! The maternity store was having some good sales recently so I've stocked up on more dresses/skirts.  I'm soo ready for summer!
Stretch marks? Still none and keeping fingers crossed it stays that way!
Best moment this week: We recently got a stack of baby books from B's childhood, and he's read one to the baby so far.  many more readings are planned for the future. :)
Miss anything: Being able to pick something up off the floor without assistance.  and being able to bend in half to stretch out my back.
Movement: I think we had another growth spurt this past week, becasue the movement was slightly decreased, but now in the evenings, he/she is rolling all over the place!  I can now tell the difference between a kick, a punch and a roll. 
Food cravings: I'm still loving the Watermelon or Strawberry Blow Pops. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: most definitely.  Strangers are starting to ask how far along I am, and I LOVE it :)
Gender: We are still team green!
Labor Signs: Nope, all is staying put and continuing to cook as planned. The Braxton Hicks are part of our daily life, but nothing is painful, so I just think of them as growing pains/good practice.
Belly Button in or out? Still in (technically) but it is becoming flatter and flatter with each passing day.
Wedding rings on or off? Sadly they have been temporarily moved to the safe. I will get a chain so I can wear them around my neck, but for the time being, I'm wearing a stand in.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Meeting him/her! We know there is still a fair amount of time left in the pregnancy, but we are so excited to have him or her be a part of our daily lives on the outside.
 
In other news.. I'm fairly certain this is how our sleeping arrangements are, as of late.  Since purchasing the body pillow, I know that I've been sleeping better, but somehow in the middle of the night, the body pillow ends up on the floor and my regular pillow and a throw pillow end up in the bed. This is the one time in my life that I'll openly admit I'm a bed and a cover hog.  Whatever helps me sleep I guess..?
 
 
 
 
# Lyndsey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment